Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Step into the heart of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. This magnificent resort is inspired by the traditional African kraal, and its horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home.
From your balcony or window, you can watch giraffes, zebras, antelope, and other animals roam freely. You can even see them from the pool, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim and a delicious snack at the poolside bar.
In addition to its stunning views, Animal Kingdom Lodge also features one of the largest collections of African art in the United States. This art is displayed throughout the resort, from the lobby to the guest rooms. It’s a great way to learn about African culture and history.
Of course, no African safari would be complete without animal encounters. At Animal Kingdom Lodge, you can participate in a variety of activities, such as:
- Wildlife Viewing: Take a leisurely stroll through the savanna and watch the animals go about their day.
- Animal Feedings: Get up close and personal with some of the animals by feeding them.
- Animal Encounters: Learn about the animals from a Disney animal expert.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing vacation or an exciting adventure, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is the perfect place to stay. With its stunning architecture, lush savannas, amazing animal encounters, and Disney magic, Animal Kingdom Lodge is a truly unique and unforgettable place to stay.
Here are some additional details about Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge that you may find helpful:
- The resort has two sections: Jambo House and Kidani Village. Jambo House is the larger section and has more amenities, such as a spa and a fitness center. Kidani Village is more secluded and has a more rustic feel.
- There are a variety of room types available, from standard rooms to villas. All rooms have balconies or patios with views of the savanna.
- The resort has two pools, one at Jambo House and one at Kidani Village. There is also a water playground at Kidani Village.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge has various dining options, including table-service restaurants, quick-service restaurants, and snack bars.
- Table Service restaurants are Boma – Flavors of Africa, Jiko – The Cooking Place, both located at Jambo House, and Sanaa, located at Kidani Village.
- Bus transportation is available from Jambo House and Kidani Village to all four Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney Springs, and Walt Disney World water parks!
Kelton lives just outside of Houston, and stays busy with planning vacations for clients, spending life with his wife, and keeping his son & 3 dogs entertained. When it comes his own travel, you can find him at ANY of the Disney resorts (or Galaxy’s Edge), At Cabana Bay in Universal Studios Orlando, or on whichever Royal Caribbean ship is sailing out of Port of Galveston, in Galveston, TX. Let Kelton help you with the difficult choices of vacationing, and he will let you have the excitement!